From: Marcel Stangenberger <marcel@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wpa_supplicant and at&t 2wire gateway
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:06:58
1 >> > Perhps you are authenticating but then not getting a dhcp address.
2 >> > Try adding
3 >> > modules=( "wpa_supplicant" )
4 >> > wpa_supplicant_ath0="-Dmadwifi"
5 >> > config_ath0=( "dhcp" )
6 >> > to your /etc/conf.d/net file.
9 > Tried your suggestion above, but it didn't help.
13 my /etc/conf.d/net has the following :
14
15 modules=( "wpa_supplicant" )
16 wpa_supplicant_ath0="-Dmadwifi"
17 wpa_timeout_ath0=60
18 config_ath0=( "dhcp" )
19 dhcpcd_ath0="-t 10"
22 > No harm in asking the obvious, even if I don't know enough for this to be
23 > obvious to me. I assume that I would have to tell my wireless router not
25 > encrypt, and that I would have to make some adjustment in
26 /etc/conf.d/net
27 > or /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf to turn encryption off. Any
28 > advice on how to do this?
31 in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf add the following :
32
33 network={
34 ssid="linksys"
35 key_mgmt=NONE
36 }
37
38 change linksys into the SSID you give your router.
39
40 Cheers,
41
42 Marcel