From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wpa_supplicant and at&t 2wire gateway
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 18:56:20
1 On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Sunday 23 November 2008, Noven Purnell-Webb wrote:
4 >
5 > > Perhps you are authenticating but then not getting a dhcp address.
6 > > Try adding
7 > > modules=( "wpa_supplicant" )
8 > > wpa_supplicant_ath0="-Dmadwifi"
9 > > config_ath0=( "dhcp" )
10 > > to your /etc/conf.d/net file.
13 Tried your suggestion above, but it didn't help.
16 Make sure that you have not built/modprobed the ath5k kernel module which
17 > may
18 > clash with madwifi-ng.
21 I haven't built this module.
25 > Also, if your router is anything like mine you will need to use the WPA key
26 > that can be found on a sticker at the bottom of the router - or set up a
27 > new
28 > key altogether.
31 That's what I've been using.
35 > BTW, asking the obvious: have you tried associating and connecting to the
36 > Internet without any encryption?
39 No harm in asking the obvious, even if I don't know enough for this to be
40 obvious to me. I assume that I would have to tell my wireless router not to
41 encrypt, and that I would have to make some adjustment in /etc/conf.d/net
42 or /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf to turn encryption off. Any
43 advice on how to do this?
44
45 John