From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several packages failing to build
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 21:53:18
1 On Monday, 14 May 2018 21:07:17 BST Elijah Mark Anderson wrote:
2 > On Monday, May 14, 2018 12:58:13 PM CDT Mick wrote:
3 > > On Monday, 14 May 2018 18:20:01 BST Elijah Mark Anderson wrote:
4 > > > I'm having an issue with about a dozen packages not upgrading. I'd
5 > > > really
6 > > > appreciate some help getting them to build and install. I'm getting the
7 > > > feeling that the problems are somehow related, but really not sure.
8 > > >
9 > > > First up: dev-libs/appstream-0.11.5::gentoo
10 > > > Anyone know what's going on here? This package is blocking at least 5
11 > > > other
12 > > > packages from upgrading, and I find the information in the logs only
13 > > > slightly more helpful than WIndows "Something went wrong" errors.
14 > >
15 > > It's worth checking in BGO to see if your problems with ~amd64 packages
16 > > are
17 > > already reported and if any patches/fixes/workarounds have been posted.
18 > > In
19 > > this case have a look here, I think it is the same problem you have
20 > > experienced:
21 > >
22 > > https://bugs.gentoo.org/640916
23 > >
24 > > --
25 > > Regards,
26 > > Mick
27 >
28 > I did come across that. I don't believe it is the same problem. For them,
29 > the problem is during the install phase. Mine is occurring in compile
30 > phase.
31
32 Fair enough, I did not dig into it at any depth. Without knowing the real
33 cause of this failure and if nothing else resolves it, I would try to rebuild
34 gettext & perhaps libxml2:
35
36 emerge -1aDv sys-devel/gettext dev-libs/libxml2
37
38 then try emerging dev-libs/appstream once more. Running ~arch involves more
39 troubleshooting and experimenting than I have time at present, hence I stick
40 with stable where I can.
43 Regards,
44 Mick