From: Elijah Mark Anderson <mark@××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several packages failing to build
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 20:08:08
1 On Monday, May 14, 2018 12:58:13 PM CDT Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday, 14 May 2018 18:20:01 BST Elijah Mark Anderson wrote:
3 > > I'm having an issue with about a dozen packages not upgrading. I'd really
4 > > appreciate some help getting them to build and install. I'm getting the
5 > > feeling that the problems are somehow related, but really not sure.
6 > >
7 > > First up: dev-libs/appstream-0.11.5::gentoo
8 > > Anyone know what's going on here? This package is blocking at least 5
9 > > other
10 > > packages from upgrading, and I find the information in the logs only
11 > > slightly more helpful than WIndows "Something went wrong" errors.
12 >
13 > It's worth checking in BGO to see if your problems with ~amd64 packages are
14 > already reported and if any patches/fixes/workarounds have been posted. In
15 > this case have a look here, I think it is the same problem you have
16 > experienced:
17 >
18 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/640916
19 >
20 > --
21 > Regards,
22 > Mick
23
24 I did come across that. I don't believe it is the same problem. For them, the
25 problem is during the install phase. Mine is occurring in compile phase.
28 Elijah Mark Anderson
29 mark@××××××.name
30 --
31 「塵も積もれば山となる。」
32 "Even dust, when piled up, becomes a mountain" - Ancient Japanese proverb