From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several packages failing to build
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 17:58:23
1 On Monday, 14 May 2018 18:20:01 BST Elijah Mark Anderson wrote:
2 > I'm having an issue with about a dozen packages not upgrading. I'd really
3 > appreciate some help getting them to build and install. I'm getting the
4 > feeling that the problems are somehow related, but really not sure.
5 >
6 > First up: dev-libs/appstream-0.11.5::gentoo
7 > Anyone know what's going on here? This package is blocking at least 5 other
8 > packages from upgrading, and I find the information in the logs only
9 > slightly more helpful than WIndows "Something went wrong" errors.
10
11 It's worth checking in BGO to see if your problems with ~amd64 packages are
12 already reported and if any patches/fixes/workarounds have been posted. In
13 this case have a look here, I think it is the same problem you have
14 experienced:
15
16 https://bugs.gentoo.org/640916
19 Regards,