From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sansa Clip+ no device for expansion card
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 04:02:57
1 On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 04:15:42PM -0800, James Ausmus wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>wrote:
3 >
4 > > I just got a Sansa Clip+ and when I plug it into my gentoo box, it sees
5 > > the device as mass-storage, creates /dev/sdc, and I can mount it as vfat
6 > > and put songs on it. That's all fine.
7 > >
8 > > However, I put an expansion micro-SD card into it. The player sees it
9 > > fine. When I plug the player into my Mac, it puts two devices on the
10 > > desktop. When I plug it into my Linux box, /var/log/messages only lists
11 > > /dev/sdc (not /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd as I expected) being created.
12 > >
13 > > I can plug another USB device in and /dev/sdd is created, so there's
14 > > nothing keeping the system from creating /dev/sdd. I have it's USB
15 > > mode set to MSC.
16 > >
17 > > What else could be keeping it from seeing the expansion card?
20 > Probably kernel config - check to make sure you enabled "Probe all LUNs on
21 > each SCSI device" - under Device Drivers->SCSI device support
22
23 Ah, I checked and I didn't have that option set. I'll change it,
24 rebuild, and reboot.
25
26 Thanks to all who answered!
29 -M
30
31 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
32 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.