From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Networking broke after update: We only hotplug for ethernet interfaces
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:00:20
1 On 2008-10-14, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 14 October 2008 15:28:20 Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> My last "emerge -auvND world" appears to have broken the
4 >> networking setup on my machine.
5 >>
6 >> I use tun/tap networking in order to allow Qemu virtual
7 >> machines to show up on the network, so my /etc/conf.d/net looks
8 >> like this:
9 >>
10 >> bridge_br0="eth0"
11 >>
12 >> config_br0=( "dhcp" )
13 >> dhcpcd_br0=( "-L" )
14 >> config_eth0=( "null" )
15 >>
16 >> # To be able to access internet on current machine
17 >> depend_br0() {
18 >> need net.eth0
19 >> }
20 >>
21 >> That has worked fine for ages, but now when my system starts up
22 >> it says:
23 >>
24 >> rc.scripts: rc-scripts: We only hotplug for ethernet interfaces.
25 >>
26 >> And then the br0 interface is disabled (leaving the machine
27 >> disconnected from the network).
28 >>
29 >> Is hotplug now broken so that it can't be used the way it used
30 >> to?
31 >
32 > from 'cat /etc/rc.conf'
33 >
34 > # Some people want a finer grain over hotplug/coldplug. rc_plug_services is a
35 > # list of services that are matched in order, either allowing or not. By
36 > # default we allow services through as rc_coldplug/rc_hotplug has to be YES
37 > # anyway.
38 > # Example - rc_plug_services="net.wlan !net.*"
39 > # This allows net.wlan and any service not matching net.* to be plugged.
40 > rc_plug_services=""
41
42 1) None of that text appears in my /etc/rc.conf
43
44 2) I don't understand how the above applies.
45
46 3) Has that changed recently thus breaking support for bridge
47 interfaces?
50 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I have a very good
51 at DENTAL PLAN. Thank you.
52 visi.com