From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Networking broke after update: We only hotplug for ethernet interfaces
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:13:57
1 On Tuesday 14 October 2008 15:59:54 Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > from 'cat /etc/rc.conf'
4 > >
5 > > # Some people want a finer grain over hotplug/coldplug. rc_plug_services
6 > > is a # list of services that are matched in order, either allowing or
7 > > not. By # default we allow services through as rc_coldplug/rc_hotplug has
8 > > to be YES # anyway.
9 > > # Example - rc_plug_services="net.wlan !net.*"
10 > > # This allows net.wlan and any service not matching net.* to be plugged.
11 > > rc_plug_services=""
12 >
13 > 1) None of that text appears in my /etc/rc.conf
14
15 Oops, slipped my mind - that text shows up in openrc and baselayout-2 which
16 you might not be using yet
17
18 > 2) I don't understand how the above applies.
19 >
20 > 3) Has that changed recently thus breaking support for bridge
21 > interfaces?
22
23 Inferred from the error message - if you prevent any hotplugging from
24 occurring for a virtual interface, the problem ought to be solved.
25
26 I'm not sure about recent thinks breaking the bridge, my only recent
27 experience is that bridges tend to break themselves in frustrating ways, ably
28 helped along by virtualization software <bang head><bang head>
31 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com