From: "Yuri K. Shatroff" <yks-uno@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge BUG?
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 11:57:31
1 20.12.2013 15:19, Neil Bothwick пишет:
2 > On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 14:41:39 +0400, Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> I have copied the system to a new HDD recently and done an `emerge
5 >>>> @world`, too, and everything went OK.
6 >>>
7 >>> OK as in everything you expected to build built? Or OK as in no error
8 >>> messages appeared?
9 >>
10 >> The former. When I do an eix-sync, I expect that emerge -Du @world
11 >> updates every package listed with the U-mark.
12 >> There are no error messages anyway.
13 >
14 > That shows nothing, except that the packages it did update had no errors.
15 > You haven't said whether it emerged everything it should have, which it
16 > probably did not.
17 >
18 >> > Your first step would be to restore the world file
19 >>> from the old drive, adding the entries from the current version.
20 >>
21 >> I'll do this, but now I'm just wondering how I ended up with an empty
22 >> world file.
23 >
24 > Did you copy the original over in the first place? Did you try adding
25 > something to it and used > instead of >> (you shouldn't do either, use
26 > emerge -n, but people do).
27
28 No, I never had to touch the world file directly (until today), feeling
29 that emerge {-n|-1} is enough. I've even forgotten that it exists :)
33 Regards,
34 Yuri K. Shatroff