From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xz memory hungry?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 00:26:42
1 On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> My bet is that it's an incompatibility between the Arch kernel and the
6 >> version of glibc in the chroot.
7 >>
8 > Well, the kernel in Arch is 3.4.4 and glibc is 2.15. In the chroot, the glibc
9 > is 2.14. Maybe I should update system et al. But then emerge system
10 > asks for m4 (but not for glibc, which I find surprising).
11 >
12 Well, I found the problem: ulimit problem. Not the first time this crap bites
13 me, but I always forget. I just wish this was better documented, somewhere.
14
15 Sorry for the noise, and thanks to everyone.
16
17 Jorge Almeida