From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xz memory hungry?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 00:59:22
1 On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> My bet is that it's an incompatibility between the Arch kernel and the
7 >>> version of glibc in the chroot.
8 >>>
9 >> Well, the kernel in Arch is 3.4.4 and glibc is 2.15. In the chroot, the glibc
10 >> is 2.14. Maybe I should update system et al. But then emerge system
11 >> asks for m4 (but not for glibc, which I find surprising).
12 >>
13 > Well, I found the problem: ulimit problem. Not the first time this crap bites
14 > me, but I always forget. I just wish this was better documented, somewhere.
15 >
16 > Sorry for the noise, and thanks to everyone.
17
18 Hey, I learned something today. No complaints here. :)
22 :wq