From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with depclean
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 23:42:04
1 On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 19:19:45 -0400,
2 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
5 > On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 16:53:10 -0400, John Covici wrote:
6 >
7 > > > Is @kernels in /var/lib/portage/world_sets?
8 > > >
9 > > > I tested this and I found that the "emerge -n @kernels" did not add
10 > > > @kernels to /var/lib/portage/world_sets. However, if I manually
11 > > > edited world_sets and added @kernels then this works as expected.
12 > >
13 > > Do I just add a line saying @kernels to that file or is there some
14 > > other syntax?
15 >
16 > Just add @kernels on a line. The format of world_sets is like world,
17 > except it contains set names rather than package names.
18
19 Thanks much. Now, what about depclean deleting packages where I have
20 the name in my world file, but no version numbers or anything, it
21 seems to want to delete what it maybe thinks are older versions even
22 if the "older" version is the only one installed?
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici wb2una