From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 12:24:59
1 On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 07:12:50 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > >> I've googled until my fingers are blue, but cannot for the life of me
4 > >> find any explicit instructions for *how* to switch from udev to
5 > >> eudev.
6 > >
7 > > emerge -Ca udev
8 > > emerge -1a eudev
9 >
10 > Two last questions (first one never got answered, and I'm doing this in
11 > the morning)...
12 >
13 > Do I not have to
14 >
15 > emerge -Ca virtual/udev
16 >
17 > too?
18
19 No, the virtual is always needed, eudev satisfies it. but you do need to
20 make sure your USE settings for eudev and virtual/udev match.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 CPU: (n.) acronym for Central Purging Unit. A device which discards or
27 distorts data sent to it, sometimes returning more data and sometimes
28 merely over-heating.