From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 12:46:21
1 On 2013-08-09 8:24 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 07:12:50 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> I've googled until my fingers are blue, but cannot for the life of me
5 >>>> find any explicit instructions for *how* to switch from udev to
6 >>>> eudev.
7 >>>
8 >>> emerge -Ca udev
9 >>> emerge -1a eudev
10 >>
11 >> Two last questions (first one never got answered, and I'm doing this in
12 >> the morning)...
13 >>
14 >> Do I not have to
15 >>
16 >> emerge -Ca virtual/udev
17 >>
18 >> too?
19 >
20 > No, the virtual is always needed, eudev satisfies it. but you do need to
21 > make sure your USE settings for eudev and virtual/udev match.
22
23 Ok... so, as long as I don't have anything for either of them in
24 package.use, I'm ok?
25
26 Or - *should* I have anything for them in package.use? The only thing I
27 have in there that I think is in any way related to udev (based on
28 memory about an issue with it that was related to udev when doing an
29 update a while back) is:
30
31 sys-apps/kmod tools
32
33 But nothing for either sys-fs/udev or virtual/udev...
34
35 Thanks Neil