From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 21:22:11
1 On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 08:45:47 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > > No, the virtual is always needed, eudev satisfies it. but you do need
4 > > to make sure your USE settings for eudev and virtual/udev match.
5 >
6 > Ok... so, as long as I don't have anything for either of them in
7 > package.use, I'm ok?
8 >
9 > Or - *should* I have anything for them in package.use? The only thing I
10 > have in there that I think is in any way related to udev (based on
11 > memory about an issue with it that was related to udev when doing an
12 > update a while back) is:
13
14 You should be OK, but portage will let you know if a needed flag is not
15 set. However, if you have a mismatch between the two packages, the virtual
16 may try to pull in udev instead. This happened to me once and it took a
17 while to work out that the issue was caused by USE flags.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 WinErr 008: Broken window - Watch out for glass fragments