From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS mount not properly unmounting during shutdown/reboot
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:36:33
1 On 2013-06-10 6:38 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 10/06/2013 12:34, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >> If I remember to manually unmount the NFS mount before initiating the
4 >> reboot/shutdown, it doesn't hang.
5 >>
6 >> I'm guessing that it hangs at /var because it is the last mountpoint
7 >> defined in my /etc/fstab?
8 >>
9 >> So... any pointers on where to look for a resolution would be appreciated.
10 >>
11 >> Resolution being, if I can manually unmount it fine, why can't the
12 >> system auto-unmount it?
13
14 > Let's get some facts to work with
15 >
16 > can you post your fstab,
17
18 Fyi, I don't have either of these auto-mounting in fstab, but here it is:
19
21
22 # NOTE: If your BOOT partition is ReiserFS, add the notail option to
23 # opts.
24 /dev/sda1 /boot ext2 noauto,noatime 1 2
25 /dev/sda2 none swap sw 0 0
26 /dev/sda3 / ext3 noatime 0 1
27 /dev/sda4 /backups ext3 noatime 0 2
28 /dev/vg2/home /home reiserfs noatime 0 0
29 /dev/vg2/usr /usr reiserfs noatime 0 0
30 /dev/vg2/var /var reiserfs noatime 0 0
31 /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,ro 0 0
32 /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto 0 0
33
34 # NOTE: The next line is critical for boot!
35 none /proc proc defaults 0 0
36
37 # glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for
38 # POSIX shared memory (shm_open, shm_unlink).
39 # (tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk, and will
40 # use almost no memory if not populated with files)
41 shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
42
43 > rc-update show,
44
45 # rc-update show
46 apache2 | default
47 bootmisc | boot
48 consolefont | boot
49 devfs | sysinit
50 device-mapper | boot
51 dmesg | sysinit
52 dovecot | default
53 fsck | boot
54 hostname | boot
55 hwclock | boot
56 iptables | default
57 keymaps | boot
58 killprocs | shutdown
59 local | default nonetwork
60 localmount | boot
61 lvm | boot
62 mailman | default
63 modules | boot
64 mount-ro | shutdown
65 mtab | boot
66 mysql | default
67 net.eth0 | default
68 net.lo | boot
69 netmount | default
70 ntp-client | default
71 ntpd | default
72 postfix | default
73 procfs | boot
74 root | boot
75 rpcbind | default
76 savecache | shutdown
77 sshd | default
78 swap | boot
79 swapfiles | boot
80 sysctl | boot
81 sysfs | sysinit
82 syslog-ng | default
83 termencoding | boot
84 tmpfiles.setup | boot
85 udev | sysinit
86 udev-mount | sysinit
87 udev-postmount | default
88 urandom | boot
89 vixie-cron | default
90 xinetd | default
93 > /etc/exports on the NFS server
94
95 Well... there is no 'NFS Server', these are two QNAP boxes that I can
96 enable NFS on... I guess there may be a way to command-line into them to
97 check that, so if it critical to answering the question, I'll see what I
98 can do. All I know for sure is, if I manually unmount it with umount
99 /mnt/qnap-mountpoint, it unmounts immediately.
100
101 > and the mount options used for the NFS mounts?
102
103 The command I use to mount it is:
104
105 mount -t nfs -o mountproto=tcp qnap1:/backups /mnt/qnap1
106
107 Thanks Alan, hopefully something jumps out at you...