From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about a strange emerge warning
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:09:19
1 On 09/18/2009 07:47 AM, Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
2 > Thank you Volker, thank you Walt!
3 >
4 > It seems that adding the xulrunner flag was the right way to go.
5 >
6 > However
7 >
8 > euse -i xulrunner
9 >
10 > says
11 >
12 > 'Build native browser integration against xulrunner instead of firefox
13 > or seamonkey'
14 >
15 > So.. do I really need xulrunner? I think seamonkey is enought for me...
16 >
17 > To answer I tried
18 >
19 > equery d xulrunner
20 >
21 > [ Searching for packages depending on xulrunner... ]
22 > media-video/vlc-0.9.10 (nsplugin & !seamonkey? <net-libs/xulrunner-1.9.1)
23 > (nsplugin&!seamonkey? >=net-libs/xulrunner-1.8)
24 > www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0.14 (xulrunner? =net-libs/xulrunner-1.9.0*)
25
26 Many packages can use xulrunner. For example I have at least four packages
27 on my machine that use it: firefox, thunderbird, totem, and yelp, so it
28 saves room and time for me to use xulrunner. It's amazing how fast firefox
29 compiles if you already have xulrunner.
30
31 So, if you plan to use only seamonkey, and none of the other packages that
32 can use xulrunner, then it won't make any difference to you. Bit if you
33 decide later to install one of those other packages then it will save time
34 and disk space to use xulrunner.
35
36 To see all packages that can use xulrunner, do 'quse xulrunner'.