From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Advice about setting up split home directory
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 12:59:12
1 Alan E. Davis ha scritto:
2 > Thanks to advice on this list I have a reasonably stable system now, and
3 > it's time to get hands dirty. I have more GB of collected files than I
4 > can fit into my ~/ home directory, so I am planning to link several
5 > partitions to ~/ in an effort to organize this mass.
6 >
7 > 1. How could one reasonably link a subdir of a partition as a subdir or
8 > folder of one's ~/, for example, /dev/sdd3/VIDEO (partition on that
9 > partition called VIDEO) as a subdirectory, ~/VIDEO? I want ~/VIDEO to
10 > behave identically as it would if it were on the same partition as ~/ .
11 > At least to the greatest extent possible. I have seen some arcane
12 > arrangement somewhere, but to what extent is that necessary to do? I
13 > would rather avoid having to mount the entire parition as a subdir, and
14 > then have to access, for example, ~/ARCHIVE/VIDEO.
15
16 What's wrong with using symbolic links?
17
18 m.