From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] acrobat reader
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 19:58:17
1 On 2021.09.22 15:39, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On 9/22/21 1:29 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 > > On 9/22/21 1:19 PM, Jack wrote:
4 > >> On 2021.09.22 15:06, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
5 > >>> I have a pdf fillable form which I can only open in acrobat
6 > reader on Windows.
7 > >>>
8 > >>> Which package do I use to read these form on Gentoo?
9 > >> You should be able to read them with any PDF reader.  Not all
10 > readers will allow you to fill in the forms and save with the
11 > inserted data.  I use Okular for that, but the dependencies may be a
12 > lot if you don't already run KDE.  I wouldn't be surprised if the
13 > Gnome PDF reader (evince?) can also do it.
14 > >>
15 > >> Jack
16 > >
17 > > I have evince, it will not open it.
18 > >
19 > > This is the form I'm trying to open:
20 > >
21 > > https://cfr.forms.gov.ab.ca/Form/AHC0102.pdf
22 >
23 > I can open this file on Windows Acrobat Reader but when I try to
24 > save/print it as a PDF file via PDFcreator I'm getting some
25 > Ghoastscript error.
26 Yes, I see that okular (21.04.3) won't open it. Actually, okular does
27 say "This document has XFA forms, which are currently unsupported.
28 It's also odd that the message which is displayed implies that Acrobat
29 Reader is available for Linux, even though it's not available.
30
31 How is Ghostscript involved on Windows?
32
33 Is there any hope of complaining to the Alberta government that there
34 is no access to the form without being forced to use proprietary
35 software? (Probably not, but it's a thought.)
36
37 Finally, if you search for "acrobat xfa forms linux" you will find some
38 suggestions.