From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 23:21:36
1 Am 22.03.2010 23:51, schrieb Mick:
4 >> In Germany you are still free to sell the software to a third person who
5 >> is insane enough to buy Windows ;-)
6 >
7 > But how can you sell it - I think that it is an OEM license which will only
8 > run in the machine that Dell bought it for, from Microsoft.
9 >
10 > I'll try running the image of the partition which I made when I bought it on
11 > another machine and see what gives if I get the time, but in the past I
12 > remember trying something similar and I could not get it to work.
13
14 I am not in that to deep. IIRC oem has no meaning in Germany. This is
15 part of the license agreement what you have to accept after buying the
16 software. Law says you have to accept it before or it is not part of the
17 contract.
18 I never tried lately but you should be able to install from every Win CD
19 you find and just use the code from that green sticker. There even is a
20 tool you can download from Microsoft to change your key - like you once
21 hat a pirated version with a cracked key and now you want to turn legal
22 again. Download the tool, enter the code you bought, you are done
23 without installing everything again.
24
25 But again I don't know if it works in every constellation nor if it is
26 legal everywhere.
27
28 kh