From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Nagios testers wanted
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 22:11:35
1 On 11/05/2014 11:42 AM, James wrote:
2 >
3 > Let's make a deal. Lots of folks are trying to get Nagios running
4 > on Mesos/spark as a cluster based tool. Have your (hacks) efforts
5 > focoused on runnning Nagios on a mesos/spark cluster? My good friend
6 > and dev-in-making Alec has graticiouly put working versions of both
7 > mesos and spark on his git_tub_club collection:
8 >
9 > https://github.com/trozamon/overlay/tree/master/sys-cluster
10 >
11 > http://caen.github.io/hadoop/user-hadoop.html#spark
15 Disclaimer: None of my ebuilds (especially Spark) are terribly great; at
16 most they get the job done. The Spark ebuild even uses *gasp* maven.
17
18 After this experience, I have a great deal of sympathy for the Java
19 herd. All of the large projects that rely on the JVM that I've dealt
20 with (eclipse, hadoop, hive, spark) organize themselves in such a way
21 that makes them look extremely difficult to package.
22
23 Thanks to all the Gentoo developers, actually. I can't imagine how much
24 time you guys put into this stuff.
25
26 Alec
27
28 P.S. dev-in-making? haha, I have too many radical ideas to be accepted
29 as a Gentoo dev. Symptom of being a young 'un, probably. Don't have near
30 enough experience quite yet.