From: Christian Limberg <barneyman@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice build failed.
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 22:52:17
1 > Besides, by looking at the terminal while merging packages, you will
2 > soon notice, that lot's of packages add their very own CFLAGS to your
3 > default ones. For example mplayer or xine-lib was compiled with '-O3' on
4 > my system, allthough i have '-O2' in my CFLAGS. (As far as i know, "gcc
5 > -O3 -O2" == "gcc -O3").
8 Hi,
9
10 the compiler takes the later options you specify, if they together makes
11 no sense.
12
13 So gcc -O2 -O3 bla.c is the same as gcc -O3 bla.c
14
15 and gcc -O3 -O2 bla.c is the same as gcc -O2 bla.c.
16
17 Regards Christian
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list