From: Luigi Pinna <mailing-gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lost deadkeys layout
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 00:33:27
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Alle 21:28, martedì 4 luglio 2006, Benno Schulenberg ha scritto:
5 > Okay. What says 'grep -A2 Option /var/log/Xorg.0.log' ?
6
7 - --
8 (**) Option "CoreKeyboard"
9 (**) Keyboard1: Core Keyboard
10 (**) Option "Protocol" "standard"
11 (**) Keyboard1: Protocol: standard
12 (**) Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
13 (**) Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
14 (**) Keyboard1: XkbRules: "xorg"
15 (**) Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
16 (**) Keyboard1: XkbModel: "pc105"
17 (**) Option "XkbLayout" "de"
18 (**) Keyboard1: XkbLayout: "de"
19 (**) Option "CustomKeycodes" "off"
20 (**) Keyboard1: CustomKeycodes disabled
21 (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard1" (type: KEYBOARD)
25 > > My question is: how is it possible that the package is marked
26 > > stable if there is a bug like it?
27 >
28 > Maybe because you're the first one to run into it? Since probably
29 > few people do this upgrade-downgrade-upgrade cycle. Maybe you made
30 > a small mistake somewhere along the way? Maybe you had some
31 > package still masked for some reason, or forgot to unmask another?
32
33 I waited until the stable version of xorg: I tried it some time ago and
34 I had the same problem, and after it I had problem with downgrade: I
35 installed the system another time... Now I didn't up-down-update xorg,
36
37 > > In a your link says that the
38 > > problem is solved in the 7.1 and no patch for the 7.0?
39 >
40 > Probably there is no problem, just some files that for some reason
41 > went missing, something that's cured by a reinstallation of the
42 > affected package or packages.
43
44 I didn't reinstall it, only the normal emerge -uD world comand
45
46 > So, do a 'genlop --list --date 5 days ago', or something similar, to
47 > find out which packages got emerged for the upgrade of Xorg, and
48 > then start re-emerging those (not by version number, but by name),
49 > one by one, and keep restarting X to see when it gets fixed.
50
51 I'll try it
52
53 > From another angle: have you tried using KDE or GNOME to control the
54 > nationality of the keyboard? It should fail too, but one never
55 > knows.
56 > Benno
57
58 I use kde and I tried that option... It doesn't work!
59 Luigi
60
61 - --
62 Public key GPG(0x633F86B7) on hkp://keyserver.linux.it/
70 --
71 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list