From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lost deadkeys layout
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 19:47:49
1 Luigi Pinna wrote:
2 > Alle 00:20, martedì 4 luglio 2006, Benno Schulenberg ha scritto:
3 > > > Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
4 > > > Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
5 > > > Option "XkbLayout" "de"
6 > > > Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
7 > >
8 > > Comment all of these out,
9 >
10 > I did it, no changes in output (same for setxkbmap too!)
11
12 Okay. What says 'grep -A2 Option /var/log/Xorg.0.log' ?
13
14 > My question is: how is it possible that the package is marked
15 > stable if there is a bug like it?
16
17 Maybe because you're the first one to run into it? Since probably
18 few people do this upgrade-downgrade-upgrade cycle. Maybe you made
19 a small mistake somewhere along the way? Maybe you had some
20 package still masked for some reason, or forgot to unmask another?
21
22 > In a your link says that the
23 > problem is solved in the 7.1 and no patch for the 7.0?
24
25 Probably there is no problem, just some files that for some reason
26 went missing, something that's cured by a reinstallation of the
27 affected package or packages.
28
29 So, do a 'genlop --list --date 5 days ago', or something similar, to
30 find out which packages got emerged for the upgrade of Xorg, and
31 then start re-emerging those (not by version number, but by name),
32 one by one, and keep restarting X to see when it gets fixed.
33
34 >From another angle: have you tried using KDE or GNOME to control the
35 nationality of the keyboard? It should fail too, but one never
36 knows.
37
38 Benno
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list