From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /usr/share/doc/openrc/net.example not found
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 21:43:10
1 On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 12:50:02 -0800, Bryan Gardiner wrote:
2
3 > What about software that refers to files in /usr/share/doc? I can't
4 > remember what program it was, but one I used a while back had a Help
5 > menu item that tried to open a manual living there, but of course the
6 > manual was compressed and under a different name and it couldn't be
7 > found.
8
9 You can, at least with HTML documentation, have it linked to a consistent
10 location, see DOC_SYMLINKS_DIR in man make.conf.
11
12 > It's a minor inconvenience, but should files be left
13 > uncompressed for cases like this?
14
15 See PORTAGE_COMPRESS and associated variables in the same man page.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Beware! The end is... <aaarrgh!>