From: Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /usr/share/doc/openrc/net.example not found
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 20:52:01
1 On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 10:08:54 +0200
2 nunojsilva@×××××××.pt (Nuno J. Silva) wrote:
3
4 > On 2012-12-15, Chris Stankevitz wrote:
5 >
6 > > Hello,
7 > >
8 > > The file
9 > >
10 > > /etc/conf.d/net
11 > >
12 > > reports that I can seen an example format at this location:
13 > >
14 > > /usr/share/doc/openrc/net.example
15 >
16 > As dale found, it's under a compression suffix. In fact, most (all?)
17 > of the stuff that goes under /usr/share/doc is compressed by default
18 > under gentoo. This used to be gzip -5, and was then changed to bzip
19 > -9, and you can change it to anything else, including no compression
20 > at all.
21
22 What about software that refers to files in /usr/share/doc? I can't
23 remember what program it was, but one I used a while back had a Help
24 menu item that tried to open a manual living there, but of course the
25 manual was compressed and under a different name and it couldn't be
26 found. It's a minor inconvenience, but should files be left
27 uncompressed for cases like this?
28
29 Cheers,
30 Bryan