From: shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing cpan repo in emerge
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 10:33:20
1 On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 6 July 2014, at 11:47 pm, shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> How do I change emerge/ebuild from using cpan to metacpan to a local repo?
6 >
7 > If you're just creating a local ebuild - i.e. bumping to a version that isn't in portage - then I think you should be able to just download the .tar.gz file and stick it in /usr/portage/distfiles/ before creating the manifest.
8 >
9 > Alternatively you might be able to set RESTRICT="fetch" in the ebuild (from the dev-java/sun-jdk ebuilds), so that the download is ignored and your tarball is used.
10 >
11 > Apologies if I've misunderstood what you're trying to do.
14 That'd work, though I'd prefer not to inflate our distfiles more than
15 it already is. It also appears that search.cpan.org is back up so I'm
16 just using cpan for now. However it'd be nice to figure out how to
17 change the cpan site anyway.