From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel build - back in the soup.
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 21:16:38
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > I think you can say make `oldconfig' and the `old config' is supposed to
4 > be incorporated so no I didn't
5
6 The 'oldconfig' option needs your old .config for input (that where
7 "old" comes from :-)
8
9 I usually manually go through the 'make menuconfig' as well after doing
10 this to see if there's anything I want to change, new options that may
11 be useful or read up on (help text for the various options usually give
12 you a nice hint)...
13
14 > Do you know where the man pages or docs for that stuff is .. its not in
15 > `man make'
16
17 Make is a general build tool and not specific to the kernel. The option
18 'oldconfig' and friends are defined in the Makefile in the /linux
19 directory...
20
21 Best regards
22