From: Franz Fellner <alpine.art.de@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about gentoo-sources kernel release versions
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 05:19:14
1 That article you linked to is about a variant of linux, "rt". And as it
2 looks they didn't update their branch since the release of 4.19.100-r41.
3 https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-stable-rt.git/log/?h=v4.19-rt
4 linux is at 4.19.102 now...
5
6 AFAIR the Gentoo kernel team knows what's going on regarding upcoming linux
7 patches.
8 They know about the fixes in each minor release. And they kinda sort out
9 what's important enough and what not.
10 Because longterm gets releases every few DAYS (!) and forcing the user to
11 update the kernel after every single sync is hardcore.
12
13 IMO it's good the way it is.
14
15 Am Do., 6. Feb. 2020 um 06:14 Uhr schrieb Matt Connell <