From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:12:11
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:47:16 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I may end up with a init thingy, which I am currently using. Thing is,
5 >> the first time it breaks and I can't fix it, I'll install something
6 >> else.
7 >
8 > That's why I build the initramfs into the kernel and not as a separate
9 > file. If I do something to break the initramfs I just boot the previous
10 > kernel knowing it will still work.
15 I tried that. It broke. It didn't boot not even once. Google was no
16 help either tho I found others with the same issues but no fix. Right
17 now I am using the dracut thingy. If it breaks, I have no idea how to
18 fix it. That's one reason why I left Mandrake, the init thingy kept
19 breaking every few months. Then after one upgrade, I was just fed up.
20 I moved on.
21
22 Keep in mind, this is Dale, the one that has issues with things. lol
23
24 Dale
25
29 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
30 how you interpreted my words!
31
32 Miss the compile output? Hint:
33 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"