From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DRM kernel issues
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:49:16
1 > OK,
2
3 So I built this kernel twice, one with DRM * and once DRM [m]
4
5 In the /boot dir ; diff config-3.13.6-gentoo config-3.13.6B-gentoo
6
7 yeilds:
10 2256,2257c2256,2257
11 < CONFIG_AGP=y
12 < CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=y
13 ---
14 > CONFIG_AGP=m
15 > CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=m
16 2264,2265c2264,2265
17 < CONFIG_DRM=y
18 < CONFIG_DRM_KMS_HELPER=y
19 ---
20 > CONFIG_DRM=m
21 > CONFIG_DRM_KMS_HELPER=m
22 2268c2268
23 < CONFIG_DRM_TTM=y
24 ---
25 > CONFIG_DRM_TTM=m
26 2278c2278
27 < CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=y
28 ---
29 > CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
32 So when I boot the one with DRM_Radeon=m, I still get this error
33 message building the latest radeon driver:
34
35 * Checking for suitable kernel configuration options...
36 (red) * CONFIG_DRM must be disabled or compiled as a module and not
37 (red) * loaded for direct rendering to work.
38 * Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
39
40 Sure it can easily be related to my limited knowledge of grub2,
41 but I did boot the 3.13.6B version of the kernel....
42 where all is set as modules....
43
44 ideas or suggestions as to what I missed?
48 James