From: Fast Turtle <fturtle@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Fbpanel - Fluxbox - Gkrellm Questions
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 19:22:54
1 Several questions/issues here
2
3 Fluxbox
4
5 I want to add the option to shutdown - reboot - sleep to the fluxbox menu similar to how KDE offered them using powerdevil
6
7 Anyone with working entries want to post em?
8
9 Using Gkrellm and anyone have suggestions for a plug-in that offers the shutdown - reboot - sleep options (used to be one but?)
10
11 Last is Fbpanel
12
13 Tested it and although it's nice and offers the options, I can't modify the blasted menu as needed (where is it hiding the menu config?) and the power options all reference sudo (gnomes method) and I'd rather use either the same method kde did with same features (lock/logout shutdown/reboot sleep) so anyone with working configs?
14
15 One thing I don't like about fbpanel is it's hiding of the fluxbox taskbar/tray (Yep flux now has a tray) so I'm not even sure I'll keep the thing installed but I'm willing to give it a try if I can edit/tweak the menu and such since it may prove usable in fvwm as I'm testing that.