From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fbpanel - Fluxbox - Gkrellm Questions
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 20:56:50
1 On Thursday 06 Jun 2013 20:21:34 Fast Turtle wrote:
2 > Several questions/issues here
3 >
4 > Fluxbox
5 >
6 > I want to add the option to shutdown - reboot - sleep to the fluxbox menu
7 > similar to how KDE offered them using powerdevil
8
9 If I can try to answer one of them, this is what used to work fine for me (I
10 don't really use fluxbox anymore, but have it there as a back up when
11 enlightenement screws up ;-) )
12
13 [exec] (Hibernate) {sudo /usr/sbin/hibernate}
16 > Anyone with working entries want to post em?
17 >
18 > Using Gkrellm and anyone have suggestions for a plug-in that offers the
19 > shutdown - reboot - sleep options (used to be one but?)
20 >
21 > Last is Fbpanel
22 >
23 > Tested it and although it's nice and offers the options, I can't modify the
24 > blasted menu as needed (where is it hiding the menu config?) and the power
25 > options all reference sudo (gnomes method) and I'd rather use either the
26 > same method kde did with same features (lock/logout shutdown/reboot sleep)
27 > so anyone with working configs?
28 >
29 > One thing I don't like about fbpanel is it's hiding of the fluxbox
30 > taskbar/tray (Yep flux now has a tray) so I'm not even sure I'll keep the
31 > thing installed but I'm willing to give it a try if I can edit/tweak the
32 > menu and such since it may prove usable in fvwm as I'm testing that.
33
34 From what I recall Fluxbox had a tool tray for years, but I never used
35 fbpanel. Instead Ctrl+scroll got me around my 4 desktops.
36 --
37 Regards,
38 Mick