From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Terminals that work with "compose" key?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:53:47
1 On Dienstag 17 Februar 2009, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I noticed that the terminal program I've used for years (aterm)
4 > > recently stopped working with the "compose" key (for generating
5 > > accented or "foreign" characters, for example).
6 > >
7 > > The compose key still works fine in xjed, emacs, rxvt, mrxvt,
8 > > xterm, and dozens of GTK and Qt based apps. But, it doesn't
9 > > work in aterm or urxvt.
10 > >
11 > > I'm particularly surprised that it works in rxvt (which has
12 > > been abandoned for years), but not in in rxvt-unicode (built
13 > > with iso14755 and unicode3 options enabled) which is actively
14 > > developed and intended to support internationalization.
15 > >
16 > > Does anybody else have problems with the compose key and aterm
17 > > or urxvt?
18 >
19 > I've never owned a keyboard with a "Compose" key, actually I had never
20 > even heard of it. Wikipedia has some info about how you might go about
21 > setting it up.
22 >
23 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compose_key
24 >
25 > Thanks,
26 > Paul
27
28 of course you have. On your keyboard it is labeled as 'alt gr'