From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 22:51:15
1 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
2 > 2011/7/4 Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
3 >
4 >> I don't think I am logged in long enough to change the settings. I may try
5 >> my test user but I think a file got corrupted or something. I did have a
6 >> power failure the other day and the relay on my UPS was not quite fast
7 >> enough. I think the contacts may need some cleaning. My UPS does some odd
8 >> things at times. I need a new one but they are pricey. I had forgot about
9 >> the power failure issue. That has lead me down a different path now.
10 >>
11 > You don't need much time. The default shortcut to disable compositing
12 > in kde is shift+alt+f12
13 >
14 > You can try the vesa driver, or any alternative that will work with
15 > your card, as well.
16 >
17 > I also had the usb issue that others said above, with previous kernel
18 > versions. I haven't seen it lately though, with 2.6.39.x.
22 I may try that if this re-emerge doesn't help any. It doesn't like
23 much. I just hope all the thunder I keep hearing will not force me to
24 shutdown my rig. I think Mother Nature is hungry since the tummy is
25 growling a lot. :/
26
27 Hmmm, I use Nvidia for my drivers. I don't even know if vesa is on here
28 or not. I might add that Fluxbox has been working. It even plays
29 videos fine. I'm not sure this is a video driver problem, not yet anyway.
30
31 I been using 2.6.38 for a while. I seem to have missed the USB bug. I
32 don't have much that uses it except for my printer and my camera. I
33 don't even have my printer hooked up most of them time. Maybe I do have
34 some good luck after all. o_O
35
36 Thanks.
37