From: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 22:19:24
1 2011/7/4 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2 > I don't think I am logged in long enough to change the settings.  I may try
3 > my test user but I think a file got corrupted or something.  I did have a
4 > power failure the other day and the relay on my UPS was not quite fast
5 > enough.  I think the contacts may need some cleaning.  My UPS does some odd
6 > things at times.  I need a new one but they are pricey.  I had forgot about
7 > the power failure issue.  That has lead me down a different path now.
8
9 You don't need much time. The default shortcut to disable compositing
10 in kde is shift+alt+f12
11
12 You can try the vesa driver, or any alternative that will work with
13 your card, as well.
14
15 I also had the usb issue that others said above, with previous kernel
16 versions. I haven't seen it lately though, with 2.6.39.x.
19 Jesús Guerrero Botella