From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't login
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 19:08:24
1 On Wednesday 11 Nov 2015 09:37:36 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:09:04 +0200, Ran Shalit wrote:
3 > > After doing a reset, I can't login.
4 > > on trying to enter password I get for a second a screen which
5 > > "This is gentoo unkown_domain", and then it get back to the login
6 > > screen. I login using tty (alt_ctrl+f1) and changed the user password,
7 > > but on trying to login again in the graphic logic, it keep the same
8 > > behaviour.
9 >
10 > So you can login at a console as your user but the graphical login fails?
11 > I've seen this happen several times when a file used by the desktop
12 > software becomes unwriteable as the user, because it is root owned after
13 > a crash. Try
14 >
15 > chown -R user: ~user
16
17 Could also be some fubar with the graphics driver, but the logs would say so.
18
19 PS. I didn't understand what "doing a reset" means, so please forgive me if I
20 got this wrong.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick