From: "José Maldonado" <josemald89@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo is supporting officially Snap packages?
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 23:40:47
1 El 16/06/16 a las 13:32, Tom H escribió:
4 > When I first saw this, I thought "strange, maybe if Gentoo develops an
5 > 'esnap' in order to build the container-package locally" but then I
6 > remembered that we have docker and lxc/lxd, so why not another method?
9 That is possible, but the goal is to serve Snap container for
10 applications that can be downloaded and used by the user, down a single
11 binary that will have all the dependencies in that binary. Docker and
12 LXC obviously can do this, but its scope and possibilities are much
13 larger and are not addressed within the scope of normal user of a PC.
16 > When Flatpak's ready, someone'll make it available and/or package it.
17
18 Flatpak is ready for use now.
21 > [AFAIK, Flatpak's for GUI apps accessed via Gnome Software so it's not
22 > quite a Snap competitor.]
25 Flatpak and Snap, have GUI and command-line. In addition, Flatpak
26 packages weigh less than their counterparts Snap, and right now several
27 free software projects officially support it, including LibreOffice.
30 Dios en su cielo, todo bien en la Tierra