From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - slideshow-type screensaver with custom images
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 23:24:34
1 On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 05:36:57PM -0500, Penguin Lover Michael Sullivan squawked:
2 > My wife would like to know if there is a slideshow-type screensaver for
3 > Linux that would allow her to display her cat pictures as a screensaver.
4 > I would like to know if anything like this is available in portage. If
5 > it helps, we have a website with all the pictures on it that would serve
6 > as input for the screensaver, however, my wife also has the individual
7 > pictures from the web site saved on her hard drive...
10 emerge xscreensaver
11
12 See if there's one that suits your needs. If not, adding something
13 like that is fairly trivial in linux: you just need to edit
14 .xscreensaver and include a image display program. For example, if you
15 install the image display program qiv, here's what it says in its man
16 page:
17
18 XSCREENSAVER SUPPORT
19 To use qiv with xscreensaver, either type "make install-xscreensaver"
20 or add the following to your ~/.Xresources:
21
22 xscreensaver.programs: \
23 /usr/bin/qiv -srfid 5 your_pix/\* \n\
24 /usr/bin/qiv -srfid 5 your_other_pix/\* \n\
25
26 W
27 --
28 Two people turned in problem set 12 without indicating their names!
29 This is true scholarship, done for it's own sake and not for
30 material advantage, like a grade.
31 It is an honor to be associated with such nobility of soul.
32 ~Prof. Kirk T. McDonald, DeathEM'03
33 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 182 days, 15:39
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list