From: JingYuan Chen <phil.cyc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DRM Problem : Radeon HD 7670M
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 16:23:33
1 Hello,
2
3 I had installed Gentoo in my laptop successfully last weekend. My laptop
4 is Toshiba Satellite L840. I found that my VGA card is Radeon HD 7670M
5 using "lspci -k" command. Therefore, I refer to Gentoo's Radeon wiki page
6 to configure 4.1.15-r1 kernel with TURKS firmware and emerge linux-firmware
7 atom.
8
9 However, my new kernel can not load TURKS successfully. I notice that there
10 is an error message with DRM in dmesg's output. It shows
11 [drm:evergreen_init] *ERROR* Failed to load firmware.
12
13 Why Evergreen ? Is not Northern Islands ? I am sure that the filename I
14 gave is TURKS's firmware in menuconfig.
15
16 How could I make the dmesg's error message more verbose to debug ?
17
18 Are there some configurations should I check again ?
19
20 p.s. I built it in kernel not in modules.
21
22 Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
23
24 Regards,
25 Phil