From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X won't start after xorg-server update
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 23:46:41
1 On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 00:31:23 +0100, hitachi303 wrote:
2
3 > >> I do edit it every time X won't start. Then X does start. But
4 > >> after updating and rebooting it has the old wrong line again.
5 > > You need to find out which ebuild is modifying it. Run "qlop -m" and
6 > > look for the package whose install time most closely matches the
7 > > modification time of the file. Then read the ebuild to see what is
8 > > going on. If an ebuild is setting this incorrectly, you may need to
9 > > file a bug report.
10 >
11 > Since I did edit the file I cannot find a match. I will have to wait
12 > until the problem occurs again.
13
14 It seems that file is created/modified by the mesa ebuild.
15
16 I would try removing the file and re-emerging mesa to see if it is
17 created with the correct content.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself.