From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kate doesn't reuse existing process anymore with kde 3.5.0?
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:35:26
1 On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:39:42 +0530, Abhay Kedia wrote:
2
3 > I have this same problem. Earlier on opening a file from konqueror or
4 > any where else the kate used to open it in the already open instance.
5 > How to make that behaviour default? How to get back that functionality.
6 > I thought that I messed something up but now it looks like everyone is
7 > facing this problem.
8
9 There doesn't appear to be an option in Kate to make the old behaviour
10 default, but you can change the way Konqueror and other KDE applications
11 call Kate. Go to the Control Centre -> KDE components -> File
12 associations and select text/plain. Select Kate, press Edit, go to the
13 Application tab and change the command from "kate %U" to "kate --use %U".
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 GOTO: (n.) an efficient and general way of controlling a program, much
20 despised by academics and others whose brains have been ruined by
21 overexposure to Pascal.