From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: memset_s
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 00:20:03
1 On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On 2017-11-15, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Apologies for the double post,
5 >>
6 >> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:41 AM, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 1:22 AM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >>>> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 8:42 PM, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
9 >>>>> What I am wondering about is if C code which uses
10 >>>>> __attribute__((optimize(...))) is against Gentoo package standards and
11 >>>>> would have to be removed from the Portage tree.
12 >>>>>
13 >>>>
14 >>>>
15 >>>> You can set your optimization preferences in make.conf, and still an
16 >>>> ebuild will override them if deemed unsafe. What would be the
17 >>>> difference?
18 >>>>
19 >>>
20 >>> Ebuilds are not supposed to do this, so if you file a bug report
21 >>> citing that ebuild changes will be made (eventually?) to work around
22 >>> it.
23 >>>
24 >>>
25 >>> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Grant Edwards