From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: memset_s
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 21:43:08
1 On 2017-11-15, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Apologies for the double post,
3 >
4 > On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:41 AM, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 1:22 AM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 8:42 PM, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>>> What I am wondering about is if C code which uses
8 >>>> __attribute__((optimize(...))) is against Gentoo package standards and
9 >>>> would have to be removed from the Portage tree.
10 >>>>
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>> You can set your optimization preferences in make.conf, and still an
14 >>> ebuild will override them if deemed unsafe. What would be the
15 >>> difference?
16 >>>
17 >>
18 >> Ebuilds are not supposed to do this, so if you file a bug report
19 >> citing that ebuild changes will be made (eventually?) to work around
20 >> it.
23 >> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Grant Edwards