From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: memset_s
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 15:48:27
1 Apologies for the double post,
2
3 On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:41 AM, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 1:22 AM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 8:42 PM, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>> What I am wondering about is if C code which uses
7 >>> __attribute__((optimize(...))) is against Gentoo package standards and
8 >>> would have to be removed from the Portage tree.
9 >>>
12 >> You can set your optimization preferences in make.conf, and still an
13 >> ebuild will override them if deemed unsafe. What would be the
14 >> difference?
17 > Ebuilds are not supposed to do this, so if you file a bug report
18 > citing that ebuild changes will be made (eventually?) to work around
19 > it.
22 > On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Grant Edwards