From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: memset_s
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 15:41:51
1 On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 1:22 AM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 8:42 PM, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> What I am wondering about is if C code which uses
4 >> __attribute__((optimize(...))) is against Gentoo package standards and
5 >> would have to be removed from the Portage tree.
9 > You can set your optimization preferences in make.conf, and still an
10 > ebuild will override them if deemed unsafe. What would be the
11 > difference?
14 Ebuilds are not supposed to do this, so if you file a bug report
15 citing that ebuild changes will be made (eventually?) to work around
16 it.
19 On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Grant Edwards