From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lilo vs. LVM
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 09:06:35
1 In <AANLkTi=z6RZ7umnm3jbCUPBVbehPqzT4xsd=L_hfaZSf@××××××××××.com> oss.elmar@××××××××××.com (Al) writes:
2
3 >2010/9/4 Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I have a VM with a gentoo guest. For testing I set it up with an LVM
7 >> Volume Group that consisted of only one disk. Now I added a 2nd resized
8 >> the FS but lilo stopped working. When I call it I get:
9 >>
10 >> # lilo
11 >> device-mapper: table ioctl failed: No such device or address
12 >> Fatal: device-mapper: dm_task_run(DM_DEVICE_TABLE) failed
13 >>
14 >> /boot is also on the LVM volume.
15 >>
16 >> Is maybe grub the answer to my problem?
17
18 >A don't think so. Grub has more features comparing lilo. More features
19 >== more complex. Dealing with VM, LVM and lilo is already one level of
20 >complexity to much if you ask.
21 So how would You solve this?
24 Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@×××××××.de
25 Altersheimerstr. 1, 81545 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
27 "Captain, this ship will not survive the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres