From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lilo vs. LVM
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 19:08:12
1 2010/9/4 Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a VM with a gentoo guest. For testing I set it up with an LVM
5 > Volume Group that consisted of only one disk. Now I added a 2nd resized
6 > the FS but lilo stopped working. When I call it I get:
7 >
8 > # lilo
9 > device-mapper: table ioctl failed: No such device or address
10 > Fatal: device-mapper: dm_task_run(DM_DEVICE_TABLE) failed
11 >
12 > /boot is also on the LVM volume.
13 >
14 > Is maybe grub the answer to my problem?
15
16 A don't think so. Grub has more features comparing lilo. More features
17 == more complex. Dealing with VM, LVM and lilo is already one level of
18 complexity to much if you ask.
19
20 Al