From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] making bootable USB
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 21:59:33
1 On 01/09/2014 22:13, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 20:53:37 +0200, Christian Kruse wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I had the minimal ISO on a usb stick so it can be done.
5 >>
6 >> No, the current minimal ISO image can't be dd'ed to an USB
7 >> stick. Tried it yesterday for a fresh install on a new box, it doesn't
8 >> work.
9 >
10 > It definitely works here, and fdisk shows it to be a hybrid image. You
11 > are writing it to the USB device itself and not a partition on it?
16 every single time I've had trouble using dd and unetbootin on a usb
17 stick it's because I yanked it out of the socket too early.
18
19 just sayin'
23 Alan McKinnon
24 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com