From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] making bootable USB
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 22:04:04
1 On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:58:17 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > It definitely works here, and fdisk shows it to be a hybrid image. You
4 > > are writing it to the USB device itself and not a partition on it?
5
6 > every single time I've had trouble using dd and unetbootin on a usb
7 > stick it's because I yanked it out of the socket too early.
8 >
9 > just sayin'
10
11 Yes, you MUST run sync after dd. When I tested the minimal install image
12 just now, dd returned after less than two seconds. sync took a little
13 longer...
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 I thought the 10 commandments were multiple choice.